View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 03:07 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Lightbulb Justa few more comments...

Quote:
Originally posted by CactusHugger11
OK TAs cost about 3000 more than a GT. But your still get 50 horses over the GT.
Like mentioned before, The GT is a hell of a lot cheaper than 3 or 4 grand. And even if it was, a supercharger could be in the car for that difference, then the Z is not 50HP ahead!

Quote:
As far as your 2nd and 3rd points I think those are a matter of opinion and couldnt really be made into valid points.
I agree that the 3rd point may not be valid, but the 2nd point is DEFINATELY vaild. I would not buy a car for 10 bucks if I knew it was going to fall apart. I know too many people with big problems to overlook this point and say "oh that's not valid". IT IS VALID. There are people in the world that buy cars based just on reliability (even if it is just percieved, hence the following of the Corola and Accord).

Quote:
Your 4th point may be correct I dont know I havent really looked into it, but wouldnt it be true that whatever you did to a GT if you did to a TA youd make it faster dollar for dollae since your starting off with a bigger engine?.
Not neccessarily true. If you don't have the performance parts available it either gets really expensive or not possible.

One of the best examples is the response the 4.6L has to Boost. It may be smaller, but you can pull a lot of power out of it.

Now, I'm not going to say that you can't make a Z or TB fast. That would be just plain ignorant. But I think it is fair to say that a "Mustang goes faster easier". Plus you can do the work yourself, take more pride in the car and turn it in to something YOU made. That's what I like.

Quote:
Which gets back to my original point why a GT over a TA? And one more thing: mustangs look like they sit pretty high off the ground for a sports car, I mean they sit about as high as a taurus or car like that does. TAs sit lower. So based on tha law of physics it would seem that a TA would out handle a GT as well as out power it.

Be very careful about the laws of physics. There are a LOT more of them than you are aware, nothing is ever as easy as "it's lower so it handles better". Car and Driver reported that the 2000 Mustang Cobra R had the highest road grip test results of any car they tested last year. And a simple side-by-side comparison will quickly show the height difference between a Cobra R and a Ferrari or Vette.

There is no cut and dry reason why some one likes a mustang over an F-body over an other car. So trying to pick out one reason that puts the final nail in the coffin just isn't going to exisit. If it did, no one would buy anything other than Mustangs.

Just remember that Mustangs out sell the Camero and Firebird combined 3 to 1. That does say something.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew