View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 06:39 PM   #14
Backroadbandit
Registered Member

Why not a Mustang? I have a 2001 GT, electric green, 5 speed manual transmission, leather interior and it is still stock. My daughters boy friend say's it has the look of superman to him and he's a rice man!(Holding out hope for him.)

My best friend is a Chevy person and owns a 2000 Camero SS, so I'll just give you the comparison of the two cars.

PRICE: Camero, $38,000, 328hp, automatic tranny, t-bar roof.

My GT cost $23,000 and has 260hp. In a straight line he waxes my tail and thats ok because I'am not a staight line race type person. But put us on the open road with hills and curves and he can't keep up with me. It's not his driving abilty either, we swapped cars one day and I could not stay with the stang on the curves. The SS gets all kinds of squrilly in tight turns. I find it sad that a a car that cost $15,000 more than mine cannot even handle near as well. Think about this too! For that kind of money he could have been in a Roush Mustang stag two that would open all kinds of whoop butt on a SS.

Quality: I get a fan belt squeal when I do high power shifts and that is about the only strange sounds that have been heard.
He has squeaks and groans coming from almost every corner of the SS. It sounds like a car with 70,000 miles instead of 11,000.
BY the way the stang has 8500 miles.

Style: Well that's just amatter of taste. What you think looks good is in the eye of the beholder.

Power: If I spent another $15,000 on my GT what do you think would happen to the SS in the straight run?

Quote from CAR AND DRIVER: The Mustang GT is the best bang for the buck out there, so run it up to the high revs in 3rd grear and back off the gas. There is nothing like the burble of the 4.6L or an American V8 for that matter.