View Single Post
Old 01-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #16
GCMustang
Registered Member

My wife has a Camaro, I have a Mustang. The Camaro is a great car. Comes standard with accessories that we spend thousands of dollars on (aside from the horsepower, we're talking a torque arm rears suspension, front coilovers, big brakes, etc) but after being around my Mustang obsession, she is willing to give up her Camaro for a Mustang.

The Mustang has a hard-to-explain almost cult-like following. Part of the reason for this is the massive aftermarket. Bolt on parts are almost as plentiful as the old school Chevy SB. And not only are the cars relatively easy to work on, if you DO get stuck, you only have to turn to one of the many online forums (like this one) to find someone who has been exactly where you are and done that.

The Mustang is more comfortable than the Camaro, and looks better, in my opinion. It isn't all about horsepower. What sells the car is the overall package. And as long as Ford keeps the Mustang fans happy, they will continue to sell their cars for them. I couldn't begin to mention how many people I know have bought Mustangs, simply because they were exposed to the enthusiasm and enjoyment we see all the time.

Mustangs Rule!

-SamP, BSME-

~1998 Mustang GT~ - Saleen Body Kit, Cobra R wheels (17x10.5 w/ 315/35 in rear and 17x8 w/ 245/45 out front), 3.27 gears, FMS C Springs. . . Waiting for income tax check to do 99PI headswap!
RateMyStang