MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-10-2002, 12:15 AM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default adopted a family for christmas....what grocery stores are in TEXAS?

My family adopted a family with 3 little kids who would get nothing for christmas because of a lack of work, so we're giving them the gift of santa ...I need to know from any texans out there what grocery stores are in lufkin? this is where they are and we want to send them some kind of gift certificate to give them a great christmas dinner too...can't just buy a publix one here and hope they have publix there.nput would be greatly appreciated I love helping people

-Jonathon

"It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas..."

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/

Last edited by jj_jonathon; 12-10-2002 at 12:36 AM..
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:37 AM   #2
rbatson2
Registered Member

Dude, that is great!! We have done that in the past and it makes you feel good doing it. We always helped someone local and I didn't realize you could help someone so far away. I think that is great!! I hope someone can come on and tell you what you need to know.. if not, search the internet and see what is available in that area.

I see you as a better person, if that is possible..
rbatson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:12 AM   #3
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Cool COOL!!

Hey Jonathon!
Been thru Lufkin on my way to Nacadoches....never noticed the groceries there, but what we have here (Houston Area) is:
HEB
Krogers
Albertsons...(i think), we lost some here, dont know if there are still some around.
Randall's

Some of the bigger Groceries around....
Thats cool what ya'll are doing... Your good people!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 04:59 AM   #4
Mustanguy

Thumbs up Angel Trees

jj_jonathon

This is so awsome to see this time of year!!! People helping others who are less fortunate

We got angel trees where I shop in the mall. They have cards on this tree with names of kids that either have no family or their parents can't afford to get them anything for Christmas. Last year I bought a 10 year old boy a remote control car that he wanted.Even though I never saw him open the gift,I knew I was makin his Christmas special.

It leaves a special feeling inside you when Christmas comes and you know you helped someone
Old 12-10-2002, 08:22 AM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Don't know about Lufkin, but here we also have United in addition to TNT's list.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 09:32 AM   #6
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Thanks for the info. I actually started checking out the homepages of local grocery stores and seeing how far they reached. It seems they have a SuperWalmart in lufton. So that should work out perfectly since I think we're also giving them some money for some stuff for there anyways.

Yea, it's a great idea. My dad actually knows a guy online who's site is doing this. So that's why the family is in Texas. I feel like it's a good idea to give since we're so fortunate to have so much. It's our first year doing it and my guess is that depending on how it goes, it may become an annual tradition. We've been without money before, and it doesn't make Christmas as fun. I'm glad we're helping out.

Thanks again for the info.
-Jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 12:21 PM   #7
Coupe Devil

Dont knwo any supermarkets in Texas, jsut saying IM proud of you. IM with the local Jaycess here where I live. We have collected about 12 thousand canned good and have about 7 thousand dollars to spend this week on toys for toys for tots. Its always a good feeling to help those less fortunate and I urge all others that can give to do so.

Thank you
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 10:56 PM   #8
LayanRubr
Registered Member

HEY! Props dude, thats awesome, I might do something now Most likely in Lufkin there should be at least a Krogers or Albertsons. Call your local grocery stores and ask if they provide in Lufkin.
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote