MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-05-2002, 10:38 PM   #1
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Smile I love Mustangs

Its just plain cool when your crusin down the main street and you throw a thumbs up and a smile to a complete stranger next to you in a Mustang GT. Then drop it in gear and play around some. Or you get smiles from people in there older body 65's ect, I dunno its just great. I tried to make conversation with this guy in a Tranny Am today but he was like but I'm not sterotyping people, I guess if I had one too hed be like hey. But its just plain cool when you can make conversation and smiles with a complete stranger in a mustang. Oh well heh.
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I can vouche for that greatest feeling. I had my Pony out all weekend, spreading thumbs up and friendly waves to and from other Mustang owners. Man I love Mustang owners. I got so many people that would catch up to me to tell me they loved my car, I seen so many Mustangs today, even a 2000 Cobra I was behind him for a acouple minutes, yellow aswell, he goosed it and so did I, seemed like where ever I go I'm always cruising with another Mustang went to the movies theater for a minute and parked beside a guy and a girl both with Mustangs went to rent a movie parked beside a 5.0L anywhere I go.
I love it man, and let me tell ya this, the woman love it too. I get so many girls love the car and always smillin' over.

Take Care,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 12:39 AM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

I've had great luck talking to mustang guys at the track. Usually interested in what you've done, all the guy's i've talked to have been really interesting as well.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Godslayer
Registered Member

Default hehe

I had a guy beep at me the other day (in a playful manner of course). That was pretty cool... he was in a teal LX. I thought this was cool because my car is in rough shape hehe.

Bob
Old 08-06-2002, 07:05 PM   #5
The Fireman
Registered Member

One time this guy in a CAMARO of all things drove up to me in a Wal Mart parking lot to tell me I had a nice Mustang. I thought that was kinda sweet. I've also had people in Mustangs wave at me on the road. Just today I was going down town, and some girl said "Hey look at that Mustang." as I drove by. I know how ya feel. I LOVE stangs to. It's the only car for me!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Good stuff all
Old 08-06-2002, 09:34 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well yesterday, i passed 2 stang's & waved , they were just jack a---es they were both v-6's, i dont know if they thought i was being a gt a-- or what, but i got no response, i was just saying hey.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 10:58 PM   #8
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Most people who buy a v6 just want it for looks. I dont think they were all too well Mustang enthusiats as we all are on this board But I bet you anything, wave to anyone on this board with your Stang and get a smile
Old 08-06-2002, 11:08 PM   #9
digital3.3

i know guys with 5.0's, 4.6's, one guy has a 347 stroker, a couple 4 bangers and we all respect each others cars cause we all like mustangs and we all love our cars.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:49 PM   #10
jj_jonathon
Trisket

I love waving to other mustangs...there are two guys in town that used to wave to me all the time in the foxbody...i always waved to them too...raced em both...lost to both...still dont know their names and i dont see em around much anymore...lol...owning a mustang is so nice

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 11:49 AM   #11
lysacat
Registered Member

Crazy horse, I seem to get the same reaction from a lot of stang owners around here. You wave at them and they just kinda ignore you. But of course there are a few that will, especially the ones who are a little more "grown up". We have a lot of teenagers around here in stangs that just don't know what they have nor do they have the appreciation for them they should have. C-ya, Melisa
Old 08-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I usally don't have any problems for any type of car guys. I even get alot of intrest from ricers. I have no idea why either. The car is pretty beat up and the paint is horrible. I usally get the o what year is that or what motor is that. I quess to many people just haven't seen a 69 with the shaker sticking out the hood. I think it is cool when the younger teenagers come up to me. That way i can try and persuade them into the mustang world and away form the ricers. No matter where i go though the car seems to gather a crowd and lots of looks.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 04:39 PM   #13
Stang Obsession
Registered Member

Smile I know how this is.

I can relate to this too. I always acknowledge another Mustang. I have a friend, Neal, that has a '68 and he helped a neighbor down the street with his Stang. When Neal was done fixing it, the guy wanted to pay him but Neal said, "All I want from you is whenever you see another Mustang, wave." Actually, when I met Neal, he told me that he saw me driving on Main one day and I waved and smiled at him. He said to his friend that was with him, "I've gotta get the chick's number, she waved, she drives a Mustang and she was HOT!" By the time he turned around to catch up with me, I was gone. Figures when you drive a Stang, huh? A few weeks later, we ended up running in to each other at a local hang out and we've been friends ever since. It's like all of us Stang drivers have this "connection", you know what I mean? Oh, I think I know what it is...a PASSION!!!

Ashlei
Stang Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: