View Single Post
Old 12-07-2002, 09:33 PM   #12
Agent_4573
Registered Member

My compression is about the same as that. You should go back and do that to every cylinder. Make sure they are all about the same. i think mine are about 125-130 psi. I don't think it has anything to do with your timing chain now. If you still have those kinda compression results, the valves are opening exactly when there supposed to. I say we start from the top again. What exactly happened and what does it do now? or not do, like run, turnover, funny sounds? But definately go back and get the results on every cylinder, and make sure there all about the same. I did mine with 3 turns of the engine but people on here say do it with 5. I don't think it matters just as long as you do them all the same.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote