MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2002, 11:33 AM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Default guitar players come here!

I have nothing important to say, but I just wanted to see who all the guitar players are on mustangworks and what kid you play.

I play acoustic about 95% of the time. I only play my electric (Alvarez) when I go home from college. And I dont think my neighbors in my apartment would like hearing me blast some distortion

My Acoustic is a Martin DM that I got for HS graduation in May of 2000. I absolutely love it, but it still doesn't compare to my dad's 1983 Martin D-28. That thing sounds awesome, even if you suck!

I've been playing for about 7-8 years. My first guitar was a baby blue Charvette (made by Charvel) and it weighed what seemed to be 30lbs

I play alot of Incubus, Creed, Stevie Ray Vaugn (yes it is hard on acoustic), as well as other older and newer rock-type stuff.

Here's a few links to a couple of the Tab sites that I visit.
http://www.mxtabs.net/guitartabs.php
http://www.tabseek.com/main.html

later guys
Old 02-15-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Hey, I've been playing for a little over 10 years now. My first guitar (steel-stringed acoustic) was a cheap Sevice Merchandise guitar that I bought with my own money for $52 (plus tax).

Now I play electric (cheap Encore-- looks like Gibson-- sounds good enough though), acoustic steel-stringed (handmade Monarch), and Ibeniz GA5 classical guitar.

I play pretty much all of Metallica stuff (pre-Reload) , Pantera, and music from many metal bands (mostly metalcore, black and death metal). Play much classical music also.

I've been recently focusing more on classical/baroque pieces: Bach's Bouree, Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Leyenda, Villanella, and many others.

And of course, anyone who's played for a while is gonna have a lot of songs they've written themselves, I do. LOVE GUITAR AS MUCH OR MORE THAN I LOVE MUSTANGS.

One thing's for sure, if a song is one of the top ten at your local radio station, then most likely I DON'T play it.

I also play the recorder...but then again, who doesn't.

Good thread, take care.

Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 05:42 PM   #3
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

I've only been playing for about 2 years. I play a jasmine Takamine (acoustic/electric). I love it...I really wanna get a Takamine EN-10C...whoever knows which one i'm talkin about is probably aggreeing with me.lol I also have started playign some bass...it's pretty fun. Cool thread. adios
Old 02-15-2002, 07:12 PM   #4
Road Rage
Registered Member

Default Axes to grind...

1) 1961 Flame red Stratocaster
2) 1987 Strat Plus Bloack with maple neck set up as a Clapton with 3 Fender-Lace Golds and locked bridge
3) 1997 Taylor 710 Brazilian - one of 100

I played in a rock band that did a national tour - I was 15!
Old 02-15-2002, 11:06 PM   #5
Rebel79
News Editor

I play a 1969 Fender Strat with 3 active pickups and mid range boost. It even has a flat neck! I've been playing for about a year now. I also have a cheapy Ibanez accoustic.
Rebel Racing. Home of Bay Area Mustangs
Rebel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 12:48 AM   #6
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

A friend of mine has a Jasmine as well, its a very nice guitar.

Fox Body, for my first 3-4 years of playing, about 80% of what I played was Metallica too. They used to put out some awesome music with some really killer guitar parts, but now its another story
Old 02-16-2002, 01:07 AM   #7
WADS56
gear banger

I have been playing for 6 years now. I never took lessons or anything so I can't read sheet music just tabs.
I started off with a old Ibanes electric and played it for 5 years. I now have a Ibanes RG seris and play the thing about 1 hour a day.
I'm not in a band I just play to music on my CD's (mostly old metallica, rage, and some megadeath).
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 10:39 AM   #8
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years. I've got a Les Paul flame top, a Washborn acusitc, and a Crate gutiar that was my first(it's for sale)

I'm a fair guitar player. I've got a friend that's GREAT. He practices like 8 hours a day, he lives for it. When he first got his guitar he actully played it so much that his fingers started bleading

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:22 AM   #9
PKRWUD

Okay, I'll share my new desktop. Kinda weird how these things time themselves.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

Talking

well im not a guitar player, but i mess around with mine time to time. when i get a chance i want to take lessons. i have a Washburn D10 acoustic. its not the greatest guitar, but it seems to be a good one for beginners.

Chris, i dig your desktop! that is pretty cool.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:33 PM   #11
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by fiveohpatrol
...Fox Body, for my first 3-4 years of playing, about 80% of what I played was Metallica too. They used to put out some awesome music with some really killer guitar parts, but now its another story
I know what you mean, man. Their music was literally where most of my learning came from. I would listen to their music and learn it.

PKRWUD, that saying that you have in your sig: "Lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part" fit me to a "T" tonight. A lady I know called me early this morning to play (guitar) a few special selections (of my choice) for a valentine's banquet. I told her, "Naaah, I don't like playing in spur-of-the-moment situations", she kept pushing. I told her again, I don't wanna play b/c I am currently out of practice and prefer to be given at least a week in advance if I'm to play. She started talking about her problems and why she didn't have a chance to call me earlier. I told her, Look, I don't want to offend you, but I don't like to get myself into these types of situations, especially when I won't know MOST of the people there-- it's just uncomfortable and bad practice. She begged, "it doesn't matter if you're out of practice, please I really need your help" and I ALMOST said (b/c I've seen the quote in your sig many times): "Lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part", but I didn't. and gave in. I don't want to be a cold, hard, heartless snob, and I can handle my own, believe me, but since I hadn't previously made plans during the time I would be playing, I said "OKAY, I'll play a couple of songs and then I'm leaving" (in a nice way). Plus, if I can use my talent to help someone else out, then so be it. When it's all over, I was glad to help out. I just don't like people putting me on the spot.

Anyway, that gives me personal meaning to the quote in your sig.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote