View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: you know what i hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
I agree. However, that gets real old when you constantly get the identical questions, week after week; rear end ratio questions, exhaust questions, etc. Many folks are too lazy to do a search so they just post on all the Mustang boards and look for the 'easy' answer, that is: one they don't have to even look up because someone else answered it FOR them. That is lame and helps neither the lazy poster - or the website.

I was the Moderator of the 'tech' board (now called 'Windsor Power') for a few years. Seeing (and patiently answering) the same simple questions over and over got to be a chore. I enjoyed imparting knowledge for awhile but began to resent the obvious lazyness of some brand-new members who wanted to know everything - without doing anything...not even a relatively quick 'search'. I'm not a certified mechanic but I know a few things about 5.0 Mustangs and I think I helped a lot of people over the years I posted regularly on 'tech'. A few folks even thanked me and stayed with the site to spread information and build it up....but not many. That was discouraging.

That issue, my boredom with the subject of 5.0 mods, some real unpleasant conflicts with other posters (mostly over politics) as well as a diminishing amount of free time combined to lead me to eventually curtail my 'tech' posts and then 'resign' my (voluntary, unpaid) position as Messageboard Administrator. I don't regret doing so. I still visit this site and occasionally post here on the Lounge forum but my days as an unpaid (and often unappreciated) 5.0 'technical advisor' are long gone. I hear the job may still be available to anyone who can do it - and actually wants it. Good luck.

Mixing politics and tech advice was one of the problems, Jim. Also editorial privilages for the "message board administrator", allowing outright "rewriting" of posts was another thing that bothered some of us, (for clarity and brevity of course). Don't get me wrong here. You did a yeomans job of overseeing the message boards. No one has done it since. You did seem to try to "rule with an iron hand" though. I think that's why you didn't get more "thank you" 's. I for one would like to give you credit for a lot of hard work and for the years of effort that you put forth.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 08-26-2006 at 05:37 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote