View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #14
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: you know what i hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 5 0
I didn't, Rev. I only posted on 'politics' in the tech forum when somone else went off on some ridiculous political rant. I was there too, and I recall this happening. I did not initiate political debates on the tech forum. You must know that, Rev. I would sometimes scold others for going 'off-topic' into bashing George W. Bush (or whatever) on a thread about shifters or carbs.

The Blue Oval Lounge was specifically created by Dan McClain for non-Mustang discussion, obviously, including politics - and that is where most of my political arguments took place. A few folks (not you) got extremely nasty with me (classic 'keyboard tough guy' behavior) when they couldn't sustain their side of a debate. It got tiresome and as I was (then) the website's Messageboard Administrator, if I deleted or closed an especially nasty thread, I was instantly accused of 'abusing my position' - ironically, by the same people who had just called me a bunch of names on the same thread, thus abusing their posting privileges. I finally decided to chuck my website positions (moderator, administrator) and return to 'member' status. I also decided to spend a lot less time here. That hasn't changed in the last four years. although I do check into the Blue Oval Lounge almost daily.
I think you're right, Jim. You probably were careful to post political arguments in the "Blue Oval" where they belonged. The postings in the "Windsor Power" were confined to Windsor V-8 topics for the most part. My problem was, most likely, that you wore several hats, and I just couldn't keep up with all of them from one forum to the other. My apologies for any misrepresentation. Thanks for your continuing interest in MW.

Note: Not trying to hijack thread, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe

Last edited by Rev; 08-27-2006 at 07:31 PM..
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote