View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #52
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: you know what i hate?

@ Mr. 5.0

I think that holding the fact that this (or any) movie isn't groundbreaking is a little unfair. Most ideas these days have been done before, and you'd be hard pressed to think up a movie plot that hasn't. It's nothing personal, of course, it's just that Hollywod has had DECADES to squeeze every idea dry. And when there's no juice left, they squeeze some more.

I've never read the comic, but I'm guessing V's apparent invincibility and the one man against the world stuff comes from that. I honestly didn't go into this movie (yes, I saw it in theaters, but during matinee hours) expecting 100% realism. I had no problem with the ending, I thought it was done well.

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that our government doesn't manufacture plots, enemies, etc as seen here. Terrorists are real and have been around for quite some time. (Side note: I find it annoying that so many Americans only notice it now that it's taken a toll on OUR country for once) Although I'm sure there are a few assclowns out there that think things like this actually happen, hopefully they'll be too busy blogging about it to reproduce.

I think maybe it was "revolution is ok if you don't like your govt.", but that's a huge grey area itself. As for terrorism tactics and the whole "sometimes you have to sacrifice innocents if you want to blow up the bad people" thing, perhaps that's just part of the new "know your enemy" thing that we've been seeing in movies and tv lately. Although I'm not exactly sure what significant uses this has against terrorists, I suppose it doesn't hurt. I can't really suggest to anyone that you learn about terrorists from a movie, though. Hell, even the U.S. military forces rack up civilian kills during bombings and other attacks, and we're TRYING not to for a variety of reasons. So yeah, there's some realism, I guess...

V doesn't change much by taking on a few thugs at a time, but if you want to quote an overused cliche, he wins hearts and minds. Apparently it's much easier in the movies. Or it's because Hugo Weaving's got a higher approval rating than G-Dub.

I guess V automatically gets a 4/5 from me, since I thought it was good enough to actually buy the dvd.

Sorry this isn't so much a whole separate review, and more of a simple response. I just thought that I'd get carried away and give stuff away if I did that.

Also, I hesitate to ask this in this topic, but about revolutions etc being ok blah blah blah...would it really be so bad if we let things naturally progress to civil war in Iraq? I know it sounds heartless, but we had one and look how we turned out. I know there are several differing factors between us, but I think the people there would eventually get sick of the b.s. and overthrow everyone that's screwing their country up. And yes, I know that you could say there have been civil wars there before, but our govt seems to think that the BIG one could happen if we leave. At least that's what it seems like they're saying.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote