Thread: I Hate Leaks
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 07:47 AM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

The original problem that I ran into last year was that the fitting that goes into the rail was leaking...either I screwed it on too tight or the Cartech rails weren't properly machined. To solve this I put some liquid Teflon around the fitting which seemed to resolve the problem. Now it seems to be the 90 degree AN fiiting that is screwed into the fitting that I described above that is leaking at the swivel. The funny thing is that I noticed the fuel leak once my cats were removed and I could hear a funny "loose/leaking" noise coming from under the hood at 3500-4000 RPM's, which is right where the engine starts to make HP. I don't like that noise whatsoever and I hope this fix eliminates the noise, because something ain't right.
Engine is a 1969 351 block w/393 stroker kit. Dynamic Roller Myte C4, 8 pt cage. Edlebrock Performer heads and Victor Jr. EFI, FRPP 30lb injectors & Cartech fuel system. MSD ignition. Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, adj. upper's, 3.73's, Koni rear shocks, much more
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote