View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 05:45 PM   #10
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Re: I may not be a teen but close enough

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1
Can you young guys explain whats going through the heads of these other young people? I really am at a loss to understand their behavior and love of the Honda automobile.
I'm not that young anymore but I think I can explain what's happening. There is a guy in my office who drives a CL (not CL-s) and thinks he can destroy my 'pink Mustang'. The car happens to be Lazer Red, btw.

There is something that happens to these shmucks who have never changed a tire, and think that anything domestic is a piece of junk. Kids these days grew up in the heyday of Japanese reliability (early 90's) and don't understand what performance really is all about.

For some reason being able to drive for 300k miles without changing anything is a major selling point to our youth. Too bad they don't realize that bump stops are not everyday shocks. The cars they 'modify' will not hold up as well as our "Piece of crap Fords."

I guess when you grow up in a world that you are not allowed play dodge ball for fear of becoming anti-socail, and there are no spelling bee's because that makes kids feel like losers, you end up with people thinking that all cars a created equal. Or at least some kind of skewed reality.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote