MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Site Talk (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Mustang Works!!!!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32970)

2FastLX 01-09-2003 02:44 PM

Mustang Works!!!!!

That's what I say when people ask me if I know of a good web site concerning our beloved hobby. Should I expect some type of payment for doing so? Hell no! I love this site. It has been set as my home page ever since the day I found it - no lie. I would hope the owner and moderators like having me around as a valued member of more than 2 years now. I try not to piss people off and even go out of my way to help when I can. I couldn't begin to count the number of Photoshop paint jobs I have done for people, and will do a lot more because I like helping out. But when I come here asking for a little help from my fellow members I feel as though I am not respected very much at all because my posts get deleted because the moderator thinks it's spam.

Here's the story...
I made a post in the Performance Industry about a web site my brother and I worked on for a Mustang Performance Shop. Most of you that know me know which site I am referring to. Since the site is completed I was hoping to get some feedback from my friends here and let me know how it looked and operated for them with various browsers and such. I am very proud of the work I did on this site and was hoping for a little pat on the back from someone. It's my greatest graphical achievement as far as design goes you could say. Anyway, I posted it in the Performance Industry forum because I didn't think it would be appropriate to post a link to a performance web site in the Blue Oval Lounge, even though I just need feedback and in no way wanted to spam for the web site. I didn't feel the Performance Industry forum was where I should ask for beta testers for a web site of any kind so I went to the BOL forum and made a post explaining that I was needing beta testers and asked people to go to the Performance Industry forum and take a look at the site for me.

Now, both posts have been deleted. Even after explaining to a certain moderator that I was not the owner of that web site, and was not spamming just for the sake of doing so. It was done merely to ask for help. So I went back and made a post in the Performance Industry forum and told about the cool injectors I purchased the other day and made a link to the same site again. I guess that post is fine because I told of the purchase I made from them. If you could see the original post I made and the new one side by side you'd be saying "You deleted that and not this???" just as I am. Politics here need to have a looking at. This is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered on this web site.

I have no idea why I bothered to write so much. It's going to be deleted anyway.

WADS56 01-09-2003 03:29 PM

I saw and replyed to the post that you made in the BOL, then it vanished in about ten minutes WTF:confused: I didn't see anything wrong with the post, you explained yourself and everthing. I would think that the crap from "cbring" would be deleted before your post did.

Anyways... the site looked good Kevin. I couldn't tell that it was your first time (don't take that the wrong way)

Wade

Dark_5.0 01-09-2003 05:06 PM

I seen your post before it was deleted. It seemed harmless enough to me.:confused:

StangFlyer 01-09-2003 05:23 PM

I deleted the post in the BOL. I'm not going to get into a huge debate and have a big (**$% fest about it. Email me privately and I'll be happy to discuss it. However, please don't post trying to insight a riot over it. It's no good for anyone.