MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Site Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Default Mustang Works!!!!!

That's what I say when people ask me if I know of a good web site concerning our beloved hobby. Should I expect some type of payment for doing so? Hell no! I love this site. It has been set as my home page ever since the day I found it - no lie. I would hope the owner and moderators like having me around as a valued member of more than 2 years now. I try not to piss people off and even go out of my way to help when I can. I couldn't begin to count the number of Photoshop paint jobs I have done for people, and will do a lot more because I like helping out. But when I come here asking for a little help from my fellow members I feel as though I am not respected very much at all because my posts get deleted because the moderator thinks it's spam.

Here's the story...
I made a post in the Performance Industry about a web site my brother and I worked on for a Mustang Performance Shop. Most of you that know me know which site I am referring to. Since the site is completed I was hoping to get some feedback from my friends here and let me know how it looked and operated for them with various browsers and such. I am very proud of the work I did on this site and was hoping for a little pat on the back from someone. It's my greatest graphical achievement as far as design goes you could say. Anyway, I posted it in the Performance Industry forum because I didn't think it would be appropriate to post a link to a performance web site in the Blue Oval Lounge, even though I just need feedback and in no way wanted to spam for the web site. I didn't feel the Performance Industry forum was where I should ask for beta testers for a web site of any kind so I went to the BOL forum and made a post explaining that I was needing beta testers and asked people to go to the Performance Industry forum and take a look at the site for me.

Now, both posts have been deleted. Even after explaining to a certain moderator that I was not the owner of that web site, and was not spamming just for the sake of doing so. It was done merely to ask for help. So I went back and made a post in the Performance Industry forum and told about the cool injectors I purchased the other day and made a link to the same site again. I guess that post is fine because I told of the purchase I made from them. If you could see the original post I made and the new one side by side you'd be saying "You deleted that and not this???" just as I am. Politics here need to have a looking at. This is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered on this web site.

I have no idea why I bothered to write so much. It's going to be deleted anyway.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241

Last edited by 2FastLX; 01-09-2003 at 02:50 PM..
Old 01-09-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
WADS56
gear banger

I saw and replyed to the post that you made in the BOL, then it vanished in about ten minutes WTF I didn't see anything wrong with the post, you explained yourself and everthing. I would think that the crap from "cbring" would be deleted before your post did.

Anyways... the site looked good Kevin. I couldn't tell that it was your first time (don't take that the wrong way)

Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
Old 01-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I seen your post before it was deleted. It seemed harmless enough to me.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:23 PM   #4
StangFlyer
Founder

I deleted the post in the BOL. I'm not going to get into a huge debate and have a big (**$% fest about it. Email me privately and I'll be happy to discuss it. However, please don't post trying to insight a riot over it. It's no good for anyone.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: