MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2004, 08:17 AM   #1
stangasm
Registered Member

Default 02 gt needs help

i have a problem with my 02 gt and nobody can tell me what is wrong with it though they see it has a problem yesterday we checked it with a snap on scan tool and i was getting aroung 50 psi of fuel pressure at idle going up to close to 60 psi at full throttle and the spark advance was at 40 at idle going up under part throttle and dropping down as low as 7 degrees under full throttle that's a 33 degree drop i think the knock sensor is cutting it back i only run 93 octane gas in it we pulled the plugs all of them are white from running lean i also have gas in my oil like it is flooding out and a major loss of power but the check engine light is not on we detected a misfire around 2000 rpm but not bad enough to turn mil on the car is almost stock with 33,000 miles on it has K&N filter and cat back system
Old 08-26-2004, 02:50 PM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: 02 gt needs help

Quote:
Originally posted by stangasm
i have a problem with my 02 gt and nobody can tell me what is wrong with it though they see it has a problem yesterday we checked it with a snap on scan tool and i was getting aroung 50 psi of fuel pressure at idle going up to close to 60 psi at full throttle and the spark advance was at 40 at idle going up under part throttle and dropping down as low as 7 degrees under full throttle that's a 33 degree drop i think the knock sensor is cutting it back i only run 93 octane gas in it we pulled the plugs all of them are white from running lean i also have gas in my oil like it is flooding out and a major loss of power but the check engine light is not on we detected a misfire around 2000 rpm but not bad enough to turn mil on the car is almost stock with 33,000 miles on it has K&N filter and cat back system
the GTs dont have a knock sensor

and why are you using 93 oct gas when you only need to use 87
and as for your fuel pressure that is real high for a stock n/a motor I would take it to a dealer and have them look at it

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:45 PM   #3
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

My guess: Sounds like there might possibly be some kind of backup or clog in the fuel system. Pehaps that's causing the high fuel pressure readings and maybe not enough fuel is making it into the injectors and that's why it's going lean?
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:45 PM   #4
stangasm
Registered Member

i have been to 3 dealers and they could not find the cause of the problem i have found out more on my own i swapped injectors becuase i thought that was the problem but that did not help i also changed the fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail and i changed fuel filter one of the dealers handed me a picture of the knock sensor they said it is located under the lower intake about midway back on the block and gave me a cost of 45 dollars but said they had never had one go bad or sold one the only other thing i can think of that would cause this problem to happen is a vacumm leak or cracked intake but i have done everything but take off the intake and check it i have had about 20 different people look at it and a ford tech told me that my mufflers are causing the problem i just lauged at him and left
Old 08-27-2004, 01:38 PM   #5
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stangasm
i have been to 3 dealers and they could not find the cause of the problem i have found out more on my own i swapped injectors becuase i thought that was the problem but that did not help i also changed the fuel pressure sensor on fuel rail and i changed fuel filter one of the dealers handed me a picture of the knock sensor they said it is located under the lower intake about midway back on the block and gave me a cost of 45 dollars but said they had never had one go bad or sold one the only other thing i can think of that would cause this problem to happen is a vacumm leak or cracked intake but i have done everything but take off the intake and check it i have had about 20 different people look at it and a ford tech told me that my mufflers are causing the problem i just lauged at him and left
the GTs dont have a knock sensor

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #6
stangasm
Registered Member

well even if it doesn't have a knock sensor like ford said it did i still have the problem