View Single Post
Old 06-22-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post GT and LS-1 get into Tangle. GT WINS!!

Tonight on the way home from work I see a Z28 upahead. He takes a turn kinda fast, I thought he might of saw me and wanted to play. I speed up and take the curve faster and exit on the throttle.

I gain on him and he lets off. At the first light we got to, I couldnt pull up beside him. THe light turns green and we take it easy across the bumps (same place I raced the 2000 GT convertible at, the one that some say I lost, some say I won)

I keep it in second gear and when we get over the ruts and railroad tracks we both nail it. I thought he had it in second gear, I only heard him shift once while going over the tracks. But when I heard him nail it right before I did, I was surprised to gain on him. I shot over, just edging on him until he shifted into what I think was third. He lost about 3 feet in the shift, I held second until 5800 and got right into third gear (thank you Steeda Tri-Ax ). I didnt much ground if any. He let off when I was about to hit 90. We were in a 45 Zone.

I pull infront of him and we both slow down to the speed limit. about 2 miles down the road at the next light, he pulls up along side of me and we both start gearing down. It was pretty cool. We both looked at each other and nodded our heads smiling like hell.

When we were both in Second, I was deaccerlerating, at about 15-20 MPH when the light changed. I got on the gas just a hair of a second before he did.

The same thing. I was slowly edging away. By the time we hit 80 his nose was about were my rear wheel is. This was in a 35 zone. We catch the next light and he asks if my exhaust is factory. I tell him Hell no. I told him what mods I had. Just simple bolt ons. I asked what year his Z28 was, he said a 99. I told him he had a nice ride, and he told me the same. He joked about hunting down Imports tommorrow, or Saturday night.

Then there was an uneasy quiteness as we both waited for the light to turn green, tension hung in the air pretty good, both our egos were on the line.

The light turned and we took off, I'm surprised I raced in such a cop infested area. I had another jump on him when the light turned. His Z's nose was right beside me until he shifted, he fell back about 2 feet or more with every shift. I let off this time at 70, I had a clear win for the third time.

He was pretty cool. He pulled up next to me while i was going 55 (in a 50 MPH zone, not speeding that much ) and yelled over "Great Race Man, take it easy" Then he punched it. I didnt chase. I had pushed my luck enough for the night.

Cant wait for Saturday. Vrooooommmmmm

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote