View Single Post
Old 09-05-2000, 04:24 PM   #7
v8powered
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I have a 99 GT and I have done some mods t my car. The Magnaflow cat-back, Bassani X-Pipe, and Pulleys did the most. Steeda pulleys are the best, MAC are **** for the 99-00. I also put in a Hurst short throw shifter. I installed a K&N and took the screen off the intake pipe after the filter because it lets much more air in. The exhaust system (cat-back and X-Pipe) did the most and gave me a hell of a lot of low end torque. The Magnalfow offers one of the most horsepower gains, along with the bassani cat back (but I got the Magnaflow b/c less $$$). I had Borlas on a 97 Mustang and they droned and drove me nuts at 2000 rpms. The Magnaflow system does not drone, sounds bad *** and gives good HP and Torque gain. I understand about 10 HP. If you just want sound (which is dumb, Flowmaster is it. Otherwise use the good ones. Also, Maganflow has a million mile warranty like Borla and they are mirror finshed mufflers and tips, and the tips are 3.5 inches which look huge and sweet. The pulleys I felt too. Hope it all helped. E-mail me at V8Powered@aol.com if you have questions, I have a lot of sources for info and help and maybe can help you with deals or let you know where I got mine.
v8powered is offline   Reply With Quote