MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2002, 06:53 PM   #1
wade73
Registered Member

Default 1 1/2 week later, a problem

10 days after buying my first mustang, I run into my first problem (actually second, but the first I caused myself...will explain in a bit). even when warm, the car is starting to get hard to crank. almost always on the third try, it cranks...sometimes it fires right up, other times it barely cranks...i am turning the key for about 2 seconds each time. i am thinking a crankshaft sensor...my local ford dealer says the part is 37 bucks, but labor estimation is 270.00! says they have to take the a/c compressor off.

oh yeah, broke the fog light switch wiring it so that the lamps would work with out the headlights on...live and learn i suppose

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON"
wade73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 01:16 AM   #2
COBRAon18s

Ive got a 99 cobra and at 32,000 miles, one morning, the car just cranked and cranked and never started. If only you could see the look on my face!!! About an hour later, the car fired right up so i took it straight to the dealer, they hooked it up to the computer and never really told me what the problem was but they fixed it. They said it was something to do with a sensor that tells the engine to send gas to it when air is coming into the engine. supposedly, the sensor made the car think that there was no air coming into the engine, so it didnt send any fuel to the engine, this is what caused it not to start. I think they replaced the sensor but it was covered under warranty so Im not sure what they did. I hope that helps, by the way, is anybody else having this problem???
COBRAon18s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 11:10 AM   #3
wally6761
Registered Member

Default Yes

Once in a while (@ every 30 starts ?), i'll have to crank it 2 or 3 times and/or it will barely start. It's as if the timing is advanced to far and it won't fire (that was my non-expert opinion until what you said.) What the dealer told you sounds right to me though.
wally6761 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: