MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

Angry 1996 mustang gt needs help

Please someone help me. I want my car to be a corvette and camaro ss killer. can anyone help me with the right set up to kill these chevys and let people know mustangs r no joke. I live in Los angeles and they dont respect the mustang. Help me please.
bignsexyasever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 11:48 PM   #2
Technick
Registered Member

It all depends on how much $$$$$$$$$ you want to spend! If you do not spend enough or in the right places then my momma's Taurus will kick your butt!
Old 03-28-2003, 11:56 PM   #3
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

i know it will be expensive but can you make it cheap as possible
Old 03-28-2003, 11:58 PM   #4
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Depends what you have done to the car now. Speed costs money so how fast do you want to go?
Chrome Air Induction W/ K&N Air Filter
Pulleys
SoulKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 12:03 AM   #5
Technick
Registered Member

Do not mean to beat a "dead horse" BUT, How much money do you want to spend!!!!!!!!!!!! Give us some specifics so that we can really help. It is hard to read your mind as my psysic powers are not working right now. If you ask "generic" questions you tend to get generic answers.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:08 AM   #6
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

lmao Tech your killing me with your answers lol. Blunt and to the point lol. I like that. But yes you are right, speed costs money. I don't have very much done to mine but it runs well I say runs, ran good until it acquired that annoying noise.
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 12:15 AM   #7
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

sorry about that I just purchased a 96 gt. I've been converted to v8 after racing hondas for 5 years. hoping I can get to 12 seconds cheap as possible. I know speed cost. I was hoping I could get a list of ways to get there. I would be buying these items from check to check. money is limited. But willing to save for whatever the cost may be. Just trying to get a lead on which way to go.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:19 AM   #8
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Is the car stock or have you done anything to it? Trust me, we've all been there at one time or another. Saving for parts to add to make it that much faster.
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 12:21 AM   #9
Technick
Registered Member

SoulKeeper, what do you think of the Spin Tech's? I had the complete Spin Tech exhaust on a 01 Bullitt and thought it was the sweetest sounding 4.6 I had ever heard! To bad I totaled the car! Man I miss that car. #175.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:28 AM   #10
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Oh man I love them. I wouldnt want anything else making that angry disturbing niose. I had flowmasters on the car when I bought it and cant stand them. Took the car to my performance shop afrer the owner bought my totalled 91 lx coupe and he put them on for free. Going from Flowmaster to Spin Tecks, was a shocking experience for me. I love the sound they make. Getting right next to someone with there window down and stomping it, looking in the mirror and seeing them literally leaning over in the passanger seat to get away from the loud angry noise. Thinking of getting a set of headers. Any recomindations?
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 12:34 AM   #11
Technick
Registered Member

If shorty's, JBA ceramic coated. Great fit and finish. Long tubes? Try BBK. But try to stay with a X-pipe. It sounds way sweeter than a H-pipe. Plus more H.P.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:41 AM   #12
bignsexyasever
Registered Member

car came with 2 chamber flows but bone stock. Is this true x-pipe is good high end and h-pipe low end?
Old 03-29-2003, 12:42 AM   #13
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

What ever size headers are on it now are the size I will be getting. I bought an X- Pipe but it was bent wrong and wouldn't fit so I took it back and got the H - Pipe. Fits perfectly. Put it on myself. Would the X - Pipe ad more H.P. and louder? If so, I will have to buy one. What about gears? 3.73's sound good? Any other mods you can suggest would be great in my quest to make this a real street and trach runner.
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 12:44 AM   #14
Technick
Registered Member

Splitting Hairs at this point. It all depends on the combo. Personally I think the X-pipe is better, if not from H.P. then definetly from a sound stand point. Hands down the X-pipe sounds better, especially at high R.P.M.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #15
Technick
Registered Member

Gears? For the track go with 4.10:1 with an Auto. 4.30:1 with a stick. You will be amazed at how much extra punch the car has.
Old 03-29-2003, 12:47 AM   #16
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

Was thinking of getting a bigger MAF and T.B. The only things I have done to the car are the Spin Tech's, H- Pipe and pulleys. Everything else was done when I bought it. I know the pricing of things I want so thats no issue there. Just basically deciding on what to buy next. Gears or more air flow. Toughy.
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 12:53 AM   #17
Technick
Registered Member

Gears will give you more bang for the buck at this point over airflow. Bigger T.B. will help, so will a spacer between the intake and the piece the T-body attaches to (brain dead, can not think of it's name). Sorry!
Old 03-29-2003, 12:59 AM   #18
SoulKeeper
Registered Member

EGR Spacer maybe? I had 3.73's on my 91 so I know how they feel. Might go with the gears then change the air flow. The T.B, isnt that much bigger than the stock one. Also what do you know about Diablo Chips or Super Chips? Would I need bigger injectors if I get a bigger MAF and would it need to be calibrated for the more air/fuel ratio?
Pulleys
Old 03-29-2003, 01:22 AM   #19
Technick
Registered Member

Not EGR spacer. I have delt with Superchips before extensively and they have good stuff. Just give them as much info about your car as you can. Do not need bigger injectors yet. If you go with bigger injectors then you must get the MAF re-calibrated or get the re-cal. done with the chip. Also if you go with bigger injectors, do not waste your money on the 24 lb/hr. ones. Not a big enough increase in size to justify the cost. Go to at least a 30 lb/hr injector that way you have room to grow. The 30 lb. injector will work fine on a stock engine if the MAF or chip is tuned right.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:46 AM   #20
96_4.6
Registered Member

C&L has the MAF that you dont need to get it recalibrated you just buy the 40 dollar air sample tubes, i installed it and i feel more punch but doesnt idle as good and hey isnt putting a bigger T\B on a stock car bad, 96-98 had 65mm which is good and putting a 70 on i've been told on here will make you lose horsepower unless you supercharge cause its not needed and its overkill......

-Trickflow Upper Plenum
-BBK 70mm Throttlebody
-02 PI Lower Intake
-March Pulleys
-BBK H-Pipe
-2 Chamber Flowmaster mufflers
-3000 RPM Stall
-JLT CAI with special K&N
-MSD Supercondutor wires
-180 stat
-FRPP 4:10's
*FOR SALE C&L TRUE FLOW INLET PIPE WITH K&N*