MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-11-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
jwmustangin
Registered Member

Question line lock 2001 gt

Hi, I have a 2001 gt 4.6 mustang that I have just paid off and I am looking / thinking about adding some go-faster goodies to it. As of right now it is a bone dry, straight from the factory gt. I would like to put pipes on it and maybe some gears in the rear. I also wanted to add a line-lock ( locks the front wheels up by trapping brake fluid in the front brake lines so you can lay some serious rubber! ) to it. My question is: Is it possible to add a line-lock to my car and how do I go about doing this. My father has a 1970 mach 1 that is pretty juiced up and he has one on his car. But you have to figure that it is a 1970 model and not a 2001. My car is way different from his ( of course ) because of the traction control, computer technology, and the ABS braking system. My car is also a 5 speed. I have cross-footed the car ( with the traction control off ) and laid some serious rubber down before, but I really don't like the idea of doing it that way. I feel like this task can be done, I just don't know how to go about doing it. I do have some brake bleeding experience, so I could install the line-lock, I just dont know where to install it in the line (if it is possible) - in front of or behind the ABS sytem - in front of or behind the brake line junction box (just after the master cylinder) - or wherever! I would greatly appreciate any technical advice anyone could give me.

Thanks, Jeff Williams ( user name: jwmustangin )
jwmustangin is offline   Reply With Quote