MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2002, 12:04 PM   #1
steedamustang01
Registered Member

Default 2001 Painted White Interior Pieces

I have a 2001 Mustang GT, I use it for mainly a show car so I wanted to do something to the interior. I took quite a few of my stock OEM interior pieces and had them painted white. I'm going to be getting rid of my car hear shortly and trade it in on a 03 Cobra. I know that the dealerships perfer a stock look so I'm willing to trade my painted interior pieces for stock ones. BUT I will only accept interior pieces that are PERFECT. No stains, no cig burn marks, or anything. I believe I have 10 pieces that are painted. And I want to trade them all not just some. The pieces are in exlaent shape. And the only catch is that whoever would like to trade me would have to pay shipping to have theirs shipped to me and then pay to have mine shipped to them. Which really isn't a bad deal considering all the money I have in these that I'm just trading for stock. Besides shipping shouldn't be that much, there very light weight. And VERY VERY Easy to take off and put back on. I have the front long defrost vent, the two littler defrost fents for the side windows, the gauge brezle, the door panels where the window switches are, the door handle cups, and the whole entire middle console piece ( the piece for the radio, a/c, shifter ). I should have pics soon so E-mail me at daniel.herrmann@gecits.ge.com Also the middle console is for a manual trans, ( I DONT' KNOW IF THAT MATTERS OR NOT??? ) Thanks.
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
steedamustang01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:05 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Good luck on this one.......

LMAO
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #3
steedamustang01
Registered Member

I don't understand what you mean? Why is that funny?
MODS: - Painted Side Mirrors, Straight Pipes, K&N Filtercharger, Modified Air Silencer, Steeda Tremex 3650 Short Throw Tri-Ax Shifter, Saleen MOMO Shifter, Custom Painted Interior, Modified Saleen Racecraft Progressive Sport Springs SLAMMED 3 1/2 inches, Saleen S-281 Wing, Saleen chrome wheels 18x9 front and 18x10 rear, Saleen Locking Lugs, 265-35-ZR18 Toyo Proxes T1-S's, White Face Indiglo Gauges, 9007 Silver Star HID Headlights, Personalized Licence Plate " 2L8 I 1 " (To Late I Won), Chrome Bumper Decal inserts, Lowered Windshield Wiper MOD, MAC Offset rack bushings, 5% Limo Window Tint.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:42 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

You want someone to take perfectly good interior pieces out of there car and pay to ship them to you, then you will ship your painted pieces to them at there expense.

Maybe I am out of line I dont know ...It just seems funny
Old 09-04-2002, 06:44 PM   #5
steedamustang01
Registered Member

If you knew how much work was involved in these painted pieces you would maybe understand that their coming out ahead. I've seen just a six piece painted interior setup on e-bay for over $250.00... I'm getting rid of 10 pieces for just shipping, which I would think wouldn't cost over $25. Now think about that and maybe you'll understand.
Old 09-04-2002, 06:59 PM   #6
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Ok Then I guess it would make sense.

and so I learn.
Old 09-04-2002, 07:55 PM   #7
Toppchef
Registered Member

I highly doubt that 25 bucks will cover the shipping. First off you're going to need some serios packing materials to ship the painted items. Second off you're probably going to wast to insure it. Last off I would go down to the post office and get an idea what it all weighs and what they will charge you. Just trying to help.
Toppchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:03 AM   #8
surfbeast
Registered Member

Unless your pieces were painted with automotive paint that matched your car color and was painted by a shop then why would someone not just paint theirs themselves? They could paint the pieces for the cost of the dupli color paint $ 7.00. Also, you would be limited to selling to someone with your cars color. Good luck anyway!
Old 09-05-2002, 09:50 AM   #9
steedamustang01
Registered Member

The white is a perfect oxford white match, and it took the guy over 18 hours to do. It saves the hassle for someone else.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #10
surfbeast
Registered Member

The automotive paint would be a big step up from the spray can paint job, but 18 HOURS, come on! My grandma could paint those pieces with five coats, sanded in between coats and clear coated in a few hours.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:09 AM   #11
steedamustang01
Registered Member

okay man, that's great, maybe he should be in the bussiness doing it then, I wanted it done right, so it was a long process of cleaning the parts ( not just talking about whiping them off, I mean breaking out the que tips and getting each and every single crevis to 10 different pieces ), then bull doging them ( 5 coats, which is a paint promotor, helps the paint stick and flex ) also keep in mind waiting for each coat to dry, then putting 5 coats of paint on, ( letting each coat fully dry before the next ) and then 3 coats of clear. Maybe it could of been done in a few hours, but it wouldn't of been done right.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: