MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-23-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
Torinalth
Registered Member

Default clutch problem

Hey guys,

I've got a 2002 GT has about 19k miles on it. ok, today i was leaving my neighborhood and rompd on it and shot it to 100 then backed down to doa normal 70mph cruise down the highway. anyhow, when shifting from 3rd to 4th and 5th, i noticed that that is a really soft, almost dead portion to the clutch when first pressing it.

after checking there is a bit of slack in the cable now, so its not tight anymore..... also the clutch pedal in general is starting to get a lil soft..... anyone have any ideas of what happened and how to fix it?

Torinalth
Old 03-23-2003, 08:36 PM   #2
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

grab the clutch pedal and pull it towards you if you here a click or feel something it just needed to be adjusted.sometimes the quadrant sticks and doesn`t take up the slack like it should
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 11:54 PM   #3
Torinalth
Registered Member

pulled on the clutch and still a lil off.. no change..... think the quadrent is bent or something.... it looks fine though... any other thoughts?

Torinalth
Old 03-24-2003, 12:19 AM   #4
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

i`d probably say it`s a bad quadrant then they are only plastic and break easy when shifting fast.
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote