View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #6
medrvstang01
Registered Member

Default I feel your pain!

Doug-

Sorry to hear about your headache. I've had nothing but broken promises on my extended warranty. I had major defects after I purchased my 2001 GT, and I still to this day have not received a loaner car per my extended warranty. The are to provide a dealer car everytime my car is serviced.

The first time the took my car in the were to fix the defective dash. Well, the took the car apart and told me it wasn't under warranty cause I installed an aftermarket short throw shifter. OK....the car was a week old. I never touched it. Well....they bent my rim that day so they had to replace that. They did more damage to the dash then was there to begin with.....They had to replace a second time.

Well....the part that pissed me off the most was when I took my car in for the check engine light. I specifically told them to just check the code and if it was exhaust related I'd take care of it on my own. Well, after I didn't get my loaner again, they decided to call me and tell me that I owed them three hours in labor for the exhaust cause it was aftermarket. I told them I wasn't your average idiot and I know it doesn't take three hours to get the code. They still didn't touch the air conditioning which sounds like it's going to start spitting knives out at me. I told them I wasn't going to pay them a dime cause any idiot can do it in five minutes. I told them to drop my car of the lift and NOT TO TOUCH IT FROM HERE ON OUT! Well, I get there and my car is still on the lift. Know I'm even more pissed. I told them they can store my car in their lot till it gets repoed but I ain't payin them a dime. I suggested they return my car to me immediately or I would call Ford Motor Company in two mintues and make their heads swim.

Well, they decided to waive the fees, but I was banned from the dealer. What a way to treat a customer who spends 27K every three years at their dealership. Still to this day my air isn't fixed.

I've had it with Ford Motor Company. My grandfather was an engineer for Ford, but in all honesty I'd rather have spent my 27K on a Subaru WRX. My buddy blew his transmission in his car and they fixed it even though they knew it was from over boostin the thing with too much horsepower. They said, "we don't care, we make money on it anyways."

I don't understand for the life of me why the dealerships treat us customers like this! You would think the dealerships would warranty everything considering they bill Ford for the hours anyways. This, along with the 5W20 crap just makes me want to buy a WRX for the fiance and ditch the car even though it's a classic automobile.

Bottom line, Ford is going down the tubes!!!!!!!

Good luck with your beauty......too bad Ford can't stand behind their own Warranties!!!!!!!!

BBK Cold Air

3.73's
medrvstang01 is offline   Reply With Quote