View Single Post
Old 07-25-2002, 08:26 AM   #17
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your problems. That is a bunch of horse sh*t too. Our SVT dealer Philpott Ford seems to be ok, I haven't heard of any real crap stories like that from them. Several of my friends were mechanics there and they never talked about anything like it happening. I don't like to deal with them though, I like our other local dealer Energy Country, they were very easy to deal with. When I blew my engine during the flood, they had a new one ordered, shipped from Houston, and installed in 3 days. The only reason I had to even pay any money at all was : I told them to use a complete, new engine. They wanted to re-use 60K mi Alum heads on a new engine block.... I don't think so... So, now I have a brand new 4.6 Engine, from/installed by Ford, for about 1000.00..... But, my cousin did own a 95Cobra, that thing sucked.... the transmission failed so often, you could set your watch by it. then when they would fix it, the gears never would shift right..... (This was at a New Orleans Dealer, don't know the name though)..

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote