MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
m577986

Default 2005 GT Throttle Control PROBLEM

Someone out there PLEASE help!

I have a black 2005 Mustang GT which I picked up on Nov 16th. I had no problems with it until last week when the throttle control light came on. Nothing serious had happened, I was driving very calmly when the control light came on. The check engine light had also come on too.

Well I called the dealer who seemed helpful and told me the control programs on the engine needed an "upgrade" but didn't necessarily say this would fix my problem. Well after 2 hours I had the car back and the lights had gone off. I drove for the rest of the week without a problem until this morning. On my way to work this morning the throttle control light came on AGAIN and I wasn't even half way to the office.

I was patient the first time with the "upgrade" after all, I do work with computers myself but now I am getting worried. Has anyone else out there had a problem with their 2005 GT and the throttle control?

PLEASE HELP!

Mark
Old 01-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
2005GT
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 GT Throttle Control PROBLEM

No problems with the throttle control here (nor have I read of any similar problems on other forums). I have, however, been dealing with a check engine light that has been coming on frequently. The tech concluded that it was a bogus code having to do with 'a misfire detected under decelleration'. I've finally made an appointment to get the new flash update.

My suggestion is to take advantage of the warranty and keep taking it back to Ford till they rectify the problem. Good luck and please post back if you find the solution.

'05 GT
Torch Red
Dark Charcoal Cloth
5-Speed Manual
Shaker 1000
Machined Wheels
2005GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
m577986

Default Re: 2005 GT Throttle Control PROBLEM

Update:

Went to dealer on Mon of last week. Dealer tells me that the TP sensor needs to be replaced. Checked out entire engine and nothing else was reported to be wrong.

Took 5 hours of looking at car, talking directly to Ford and then ordering sensor but it seems to be fixed now. Will post updates if anything changes