MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #1
bmsims54
bmsims54

Default 2007 GT aftermarket

Just recently purchased a 07 GT, and was wanting to start modifying it. I was wanting to start out with the usuall : cold air induct, exhaust. I went to the place where I bought my car to talk to a tech and his answers kind of floored me. He told me pretty much anything I do I need to have it dynoed and tuned. Is he just blowing smoke up my ass or is he for real?
bmsims54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
Warlock
Registered Member

Default Re: 2007 GT aftermarket

Well he was partly right. The fact is, just adding a Cold Air Intake etc, will more than likley just give you a fault code for too lean fuel mixture basicly.

I have a 07 GT my self, and this is what I have done. You dont have to get it dyno tuned, allthough if you have the means and know of a company that actually knows what there doing, go fo it.

But go here first.. http://www.brenspeed.com/ . Really there is more info there than I can give. But here is exactly what to do.

Contact Brenspeed, and ask to talk to Brent if you like. He is the owner, and main Mustang genious. He can and will explain what I am about to tell you if you need him to, and he's a very nice guy. He will take all the time you need to help you and answer any questions you may have.

Get a C&L Cold Air Intake, and buy the SCTXcal2 hand held tuner. With this, and the three custum tunes inside it, you will turn your allready fast Stang into something alltogether new and much more powerfull!

Your car, and mine ran on 87 octane gas. In the tuner which plugs into the port to the left of the steering collum below your knee, it will have a 87 octane 91, and 93 octane tune to cover all types of gas depending on where you live.

Brent will ask you to give him the code on the side of your cars computer. From that he will know what you car has in it stock. He will set up tunes that are set to run the C&L CAI and take full advantage of it if thats what you buy. " And you should "

Pypes Vilolators are the mullers of choice for my GT. There polished stainless and guarenteed for life. The exhuast tips look great, way better than stock and are not loud, just sweet and deep.

NO other modification will net you this much horsepower and torque in an instant. Expect an honest 30 horses and nearly the same amount of torque to the rear wheels. You may not even know it, but the off idle throttle lag on a stock GT really blows! But after the tune, it will be snappy and bad ass sounding

After you tune to the highest octane level tune you can run where you live, you will instantly begin to get much better gas mileage which normally doesnt go along with more power. I ran all the 87 octane out of my tank till the gauge turned red. Pulled into the station, and filled with 93 octane, and plugged in the tuner right at the pump. Its that easy to do.

It will promt you on what to do in steps. First it will save you stock set up, if you ever want to go back. Then choose the highest octane tune you can use with the gas you have there. Your done!

I get a constant 21 miles to the gallon in the city, and I gas it every chance I get, I never baby this car.

On the highway, I am sure I can do better, but my minimum cruising speed on the highway is 80 mph. At 80 I get 25 to 26 mpg on level ground. Wow thats more typing than I've done in weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1688.jpg (88.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Pypes.jpg (73.3 KB, 7 views)
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
redgogo
Registered Member

Default Re: 2007 GT aftermarket

Hey Warlock, What about a steeda cai & sct livewire???
redgogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: