View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: 4.6 help (were to start)

Well, yes there are plenty of head/cam packages out there. I can get a set of stage 2 ported heads with stage 2 cams for just under $1600 with no core charge. You get to keep your facory heads. However, another thing to think about is that you can swap out your timing cover, intake, and heads, and just get yourself a 4V set up and have a big jump start on everyone else. Very good way to go. Now, that route will cost more up front, because you will be buying heads, intake, timing cover, timing chains and the like, but you can also get stage 2 cams on that and bump you popwer output well north of 300 to the ground. Not bad for just a bolt on.

With the 2V heads and cam upgrade, you would be looking at about 270-290hp to the ground, with a good tune. It's all about what you want and what direction you want to go in.

I think I may be dropping in a Mach 1 engine over the weekend, if I can't get it sold. If so.....everybody needs to watch out...this could be dangerous. I'll be more than happy to help you out in anyway that I can. Just give me a call and we can talk about what you want from your car and which direction to move in. Hope to have helped.

Later.