View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:25 AM   #14
ivy95gts
5.7 < 5.0... and I failed math

Default Re: 4.6 help (were to start)

Don't mean to answer for him, but you can ask for John... that's him.. of course. And though I'm late on the post, I figure I'll at least pop in long enough to second all that I've heard. Them 4.6's respond REAL well to 4.10 gears... and although I waited quite awhile before installing a gear in mine, when I did I found out real quick that it should have been my starting point. John had had his 4.10 installed and I was doing all I could to keep up with him before I had my 3.73, and my car had a mod or two at the time to his STOCK 4.6 with a gear. And as far as the underdrives go on the 4.6's, I not overwhelmingly sure... I know on my car I felt a good gain from them, but it's a 5.0... totally different beast. Ah well, enough gibberish from me.. have fun with the new car, but be warned... tempermental little bastards they are LoL
95' Mustang GT-S: Mac headers, off-road H, and cat back, 3.73, Mac fenderwell cold air, throttle body spacer, Mac under-drive pulleys, crane cam .530/.530,Professional products intake, 70mm TB, Tremec TKO500, Hurst short throw, UPR handle, Ford racing strut tower brace, Mickey Thompson ET's, broken stock axles
Best ET: 8.53 @ 81 MPH

Sponsored by Modular Madness
Mooresville, N.C
(704) 660-3464
ivy95gts is offline   Reply With Quote