MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2000, 03:00 AM   #1
BradKropp
Registered Member

Lightbulb 4.6 SOHC Mustang GT

Hello all,

I've been working (And modifying) 5.0 liter High Output 302's in Fox-Body Stangs for quite sometime. But, I've taken a leap of faith and recently added a 1996 4.6 SOHC Mustang GT to my small motorsports club's arsenal. We're all happy that we've managed to move into the field of modular engines, but we're looking into getting some starting advice. The car is a bone stock car with an automatic transmission.
What we really want is some advice regarding the transmission. Should we take another leap of faith and make the car into some unique (unique around this area anyway)...a 4.6 SOHC Automatic Racer? Are the shift improvement kits for 4.6 automatics able to run with a 4.6 SOHC with a T-45? We're skeptical because shift improvement kits (that we've seen) in 5.0 liter's with AODE transmissions fail to compete with a 5.0 with a T-5.
And, finally...we want this car to run in the naturally aspirated class (as most of our cars) and are looking for a little advice on some good, initial modifications to the modular engine that are quick produce a horsepower jump. We're really wanting to run with this new car and get it out on the local racing scene as soon as possible.

From an old 5.0 guy looking for a little advice on the new 4.6.

------------------
Brad Kropp
Quantum Motorsports
Norman, Oklahoma
BradKropp is offline   Reply With Quote