Thread: 5.0 to 4.6 swap
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

Is it out the standard Mark VIII or the LSC version? The standard motor is 280hp and the LSC is 290hp and both you really have to wind the crap out of the motor to get it. 290 lb./ft. of torque. Plus is that tranny going to fit/be able to mount under there?? I doubt it but it might. You'd probably have to fabricate some kind of trans mount if it even fits. I don't know for sure. Let alone shifter placement. Plus that engine is very wide. It's actually larger in size, not cubic inches but sheer size, than the 5.0. More like stuffing in a 351W.

IMO, Personally I'd go with the 5.0 with a 5 speed. There's SO much more you can do with the 5.0 to make it faster. The aftermarket is much larger. There's not much you'll be able to do with that 4.6 DOHC except maybe a Cobra intake, underdrive pullies and a supercharger. And that'll be alot more expensive than the parts for a 5.0. You'll also need ALL the wiring and sensors from that Lincoln for your 91. What about even getting motor mounts? Probably have to fabricate something, too. I think you'll be dumping alot more money into your car to do the 4.6 conversion over the 5.0. If nothing else you could do a 351W. There's going to be alot of hassle with the 4.6 but if you are willing to do alot and spend the money then go for it. To each his own.