MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Default 96 cobra overheating?

I have tried everything and can't seem to fiqure out what is going on. I have changed the thermostat and I changed the ETC sensor. The fan will not come on in low speed it makes me thing the CCRM is bad. From what I have been told if you turn on the A/C and the fan comes on the CCRM is good. Well my fan comes on with the A/C on. The fan also comes on if you jumper the ETC on the plug side. Witch points the ETC being bad but I replaced it and did an ohm check on my new ETC and it looks good. So all the tests I have been told to run says that everything works expect the low speed fan won't come on only the high speed. Is it still possible the CCRM is bad? Isn't there a different relay for the low speed than the high speed? could only one of these relays inside the CCRM go bad.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
afeezor97
GRNSNAK

Default Re: 96 cobra overheating?

Did you figure out the problem yet? My '97 is running really hot too and I need to get it fixed before I have to drive across the country next month.

So far I flushed the coolant, replaced the t-state and checked to make sure the fans come on with the AC.

She overheats with the AC on but just runs really hot with it off. I'm also in Vegas where the temps are 100*+ everyday.

I put an autometer temp gauge in the other night and took it for a quick spin just to make sure it works, in the 10 minutes of messing around with the AC off the temps was about 190* but I haven't had a chance to get out and drive it during the day to see what the temps are really getting up to.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #3
showtire
Custom ShowTire & Wheel

Default Re: 96 cobra overheating?

Does sound like there is a power/electrical short or. fan burn-out somewhere. I know I'm no help, but just out of couriosity, did you get thr recall notice in 1996 that the 96 cobra's original radiator was to small for the engine and they replaced those that were brought in. I know this would have been an on-going problem and not just suddenly one now.
showtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: