MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
mustang_racer_1
Registered Member

Default 97gt needs upgrades

Hi
I got a 97 gt a while back and i just found out that it has
had a PI intake swap done. Does any one know how much power this swap is worth. And does anyone have any idea what temperature i should set the thermostat to.

It is and automatic with headers, flowmasters, a K,N
filter, and the PI swap. My best time was 14.5 @ 96mph on Cooper Zeons. I was thinking about adding 3:73s. I would like to know what kind of power it is currently making and what else I should do to it.

Currently one of the O2 sensors is disconnected. What kind of impact would this have.
mustang_racer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Default Re: 97gt needs upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_racer_1
Hi
I got a 97 gt a while back and i just found out that it has
had a PI intake swap done. Does any one know how much power this swap is worth. And does anyone have any idea what temperature i should set the thermostat to.

It is and automatic with headers, flowmasters, a K,N
filter, and the PI swap. My best time was 14.5 @ 96mph on Cooper Zeons. I was thinking about adding 3:73s. I would like to know what kind of power it is currently making and what else I should do to it.

Currently one of the O2 sensors is disconnected. What kind of impact would this have.
PI swap will give you about 20-30 horse, depending. Automatice car? 4.10 gears. O2 being disconnected will cause the car to run in open loop. Cold air, throttle body, and a 100 shot of gas. Easy 12.9 car with that combination. You will also need a chip/tune in it to gain the most of what you have. Anyway, that's a good start. Hope that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: