MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
StangGT02
Registered Member

Question 70mm Throttle body

it seems like everyone has these on this board....so far my car is still pretty stock, just a k&N and tint job....would this be the next best mod to do? Im done with cosmetic stuff....mustangs look good before you modify em all up, what should the lineup of things i should get done be? and for each one are there things i will have to do to maintain each, example if i get the throttle body next, right after i install it will i need to do any other work to the engine before i can drive it or will the computer recognize it all and do all the needed adjustments? Lemme know about that list, i kinda wanna start slow with some bolt ons then work up, been working all summer and holdin all this cash is killin me lol
StangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 07:03 PM   #2
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

Bigger throttle body is pretty much a waste look at something along the lines of pullies, TA or intermediate pipes. They are proven mods were as the TB has been known to lose power on some cars.

Bill
11.97 @ 113.20
M/M 100, 7085

www.uprproducts.com
www.ponyexpressperformance.com
www.modulardepot.com
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 08:52 PM   #3
Badass_yellowGT
Registered Member

i agree with the other guy before you think about more induction you should think about flowing more exhaust i would start with the pullies .it should free up some parasitic drag, then next a set of headers and high flow exhaust or if you just want to make your car feel faster get new rear gears this will make a big difference a throttle body is kind of useless without a larger maf unit to match
Rice Haters Club Member #55
For My car Specs Click the Home page link
http://www.badassyellowgt.50g.com/
Badass_yellowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 04:13 PM   #4
southernstang97

Exclamation wait for the tb

I would wait for the tb , if you have only put a k&n filter the tb will not help you any ,

First mod : 373 gears , with the gears you will have to get a speed cal to help with your rpm's/

2nd mod : pullies , these are just bolt on , you might have to get a smaller belt but you shouldn't have too.

3rd mod : h/x pipe . you will have to get MIL to keep the check engine lights off.

4th mod: headers , these just bolt right on .

5th mod : would drop the car , you will need to get caster/camber plates to keep from wear on the tires.

6th mod : sub-frames , these just get welded on

7th mod : steeda t/a , this is just a bolt on too.

8th mod : new shocks/sturts

9th mod : cat-back system , just a bolt on .. cat-back will have your new mufflers too

10th mod : lower/upper control arms ....

Ok , I am going to stop there , there are many more that you will need to put on the ride but that list of 10 will take a while to get , much money !!!!! But as you will see on this site people build there cars differnt .. so find out what makes you happy and run with it !!!!

But if there is anything that you do for your stang , you must read thru the treads in this site ,, most questions that you have , have been asked and answered about 1,000,000,000 times .
Old 07-10-2002, 07:06 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I put a Mac 70mm on my GT...Took it off a week later...it was terrible. It whistled and made the throttle response terrible.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:52 AM   #6
southernstang97

Question hey stoplight !!!

What brand was that tb , was it a MAC. I have heard that the mac are not that good and that they do just what you said your tb was doing. But with your heads and a C&L mass air you should get a good tb , you will see a little something for sure !!
Old 07-11-2002, 09:24 AM   #7
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

I agree, would wait on the TB. I put a FRPP 70mm TB on my car after I had Flowmaster 40's, BBK H-Pipe, 1.5in drop, new suspension parts, chip, and Ram Air kit w/KN. I didn't notice much of any difference. I noticed a very slight (and I mean slight) difference in higher RPM's, it seemed to not be starving as much, but at that RPM the factory heads suck anyways, so I would agree with everyone else on the mods. I noticed the most difference in performance when I did the (Exhaust/Chip/RamAir , and then when I did the T/A,MAF,Underdrives) unless you have PI heads, larger injectors, etc... I don't think you are going to see much of a difference in punch. Also, like has been mentioned before, if you make it too large in relation to your MAF and engine, you will see a loss in intake velocity and lose HP..... I read that in several difference articles about this topic

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote