MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2001, 06:09 PM   #1
bark3rd
Registered Member

Angry AAAARGH! Steeda timing adjuster causing computer problems!!!

I have been struggling with mechanics over the check engine light ever since my adjuster and pulleys were out on. They checked the codes and the computer was sensing a misfire on #1 and #6 cylinders. They ste the timing, re-set the computer and the light came back on later that day. I took it back in and then they called Steeda and were advised to remove the timing adjuster, clean the sensor slot and remove an o-ring on the sensor arm (a step that is NOT in the instructions provised by Steeda). I picked up the car and it runs like a raped ape but after a few miles the check engine light came on. Steeda is now saying to remove the part and send it back. I don't want to do this! My instinct tells me that it is not the part but the fine-tuning of the installation. There seems to be 0 room for errors when installing the timing adjuster. Have any of you had this problem? Can I fiddle with it and re-set the computer myself? Is it possible that the computer just needs to shut up and let me burn rubber? The car runs killer! Please help!

------------------
Black 2000 GT,5 spd,17" wheels,4:10's,flowmasters Steeda pulleys, timing adjuster, K&N filter
bark3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:15 PM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

The only thing I can think of to check is the distance between the CPS and the trigger wheel...
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote