MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
P.C.
SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND HOLD ON!

Default abs light on

Hi.03 mustang GT question.Since installing rims with slicks.They have alot alot of stick on lead wheel weights on the inside,when i make a hard run the abs light is coming on.Then i shut the car off it goes out.Until i run full throttle again.Are the exciters picking up on all the wheel weights? I didnt try my stock rims yet.UPDATE O.K.I just swapped the stock rims on..three full blast runs..no light turning on! Cool.Now its either the weights or the taller tires in the back.throwing the light on .

Last edited by P.C.; 03-04-2006 at 11:20 AM..
P.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
powerband chaser 302
Registered Member

Default Re: abs light on

Yeah you said it. Its the taller tires in the back. The abs looks at all 4 wheels. A simple call to your ford dealer will tell you if taller tires will set off the abs light. Also for a chuck of $ they may be albe to adjust it to your tires so the light stays off and the abs still works. I would try spraying brake cleaner on the abs rings and make sure there is no metal flakes or brake dust causing the problem. Good luck.
powerband chaser 302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
P.C.
SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND HOLD ON!

Default Re: abs light on

Thanks for the help.I cleaned off the rings and the exciters. There was small shavings on them.The slicks are only going to be used once and a while.So im good then.Ill let more air out of them too.
P.C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: