MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-20-2001, 12:33 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Angry AHHHHHH

I installed some MAC white face gauges this weekend. When I first put everything back together, of course my needles were all ****** up beyond belief. So I took it apart and reset them. Now, it looks as though they are all reading just a bit off, like 4-5mm. I am afraid that if I try to fix them again, I will just **** em up more. Should I just leave it like it is? Does anyone have a solution, or am I just screwed? Thanks

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 07:24 AM   #2
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

I was close to buying a set from MAC and had heard of people saying they weren't accurate or something. I can only assume but I'm guessing you have to remove the needles to install it?

------------------
00 GT, MAC Offroad H, Steeda Pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster, FMS 4.10’s, Flows w/turndowns, UPR shifter, UPR subframes, UPR LCA’s, Air Filter, Lakewood 70/30 & 50/50, Weld Pro Stars, Nitto DR’s, Best ET on DR's 13.09@103.92 (1.81 60ft), Best on ET Drags 12.99@104.60 (1.67 60ft) 244.6 RWHP
M/M 100
88 LX coupe X-FHP, 12pt Cage, UPR K-member, 31 spline rear, full spool…
85 Thunderbird Stock
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 06:54 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Yeah, you have to take all the needles out first. I marked them very accurately, but they still managed to **** themselves up. It is a bit frusterating.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2001, 12:15 PM   #4
RickC
Registered Member

Unhappy

Frustrating is exactly the experience I had when I replaced my gauge face last month on my '99. I marked the needle positions very carefully plus I noted their current 'powered up' position too. Didn't matter. I had to take apart the assembly about three times until I got the gauges where I thought they should be. What helped me with the speedometer and the tachometer were the digital readouts that are available from the odometer display. The others were a little less precise.
RickC is offline   Reply With Quote