MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-25-2001, 02:27 AM   #1
RICEMAN00
Registered Member

Default Anti-theft ( Companies that make defeaters? )

Does anyone know what the computer in a 96-98 EEC-V expects to receive from the passive anti-theft module? The two are connected to eachother by the same wires going to the Data Link Connector Bus + and Bus - positions. It's just the communications bus network, so the signal sent to the computer can't be that complicated, it just simply lets the computer know that the anti-theft is disabled and the key is ok.

Here's the problem: I have the car that is listed in my sig. I'm down to the last problem of getting the anti-theft to tell the computer that I'm not stealing it. The only way I know to do it at this point is get the Anti-Theft tranceiver module and the Anti-Theft Controller module from the 98 car I got the engine from and wire it in line with my DLC and computer (PCM), then have it matched to the keys I've got. This would presumably work, since I've converted the remainder of the car back to the older bus style communication from the 99+ Multiplex Communication Network style, excluding the anti-theft of course.

IF I can find out what the computer expects to see on those two bus lines (probably a pulse at a certain interval, much like an Interrupt Request on a computer, so that it knows which device is reporting to it, followed by some sort of signal) then I can maybe make something and put it in line with the computer.

If there is a company that makes a street-rod harness for the cobra engine/2V engine, then they know how to defeat it. If there is anyone here that knows of a company that makes harnesses for the Modulars, or anyone/thing that defeats the anti-theft, I'd really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas to all.

Ryan