View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
1989GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Appying M112 to 2V Intake..

You're comparing a brand new complete kit from saleen(blower, intercooler, injectors, pump, electronics etc.) To a used eaton blower. Now the saleen kit is a little steep but that's still apples to oranges. Ford racing does make a kit for the 2v but I believe it uses a M90 eaton blower, which is gonna be maxed out real shortly, it's a 6lb kit also. Keep in mind that the eatons are junk compaired to other things out there, ie kenne bell. You'd be better off just getting a kenne bell kit and rest assured that it has everything you need, rather than try to piece a kit together. Not to mention you can't just tear it down and swap heads, that'll require timing chains, valve covers, front cover, intake and other little misc things. Also remember that after you've gone thru all that trouble that the stock rods are junk and are going to come apart somewhere in the range of 400-450 rwhp. There's nothing cheap about forced induction or horse power for that matter, but if you want to go FI and are trying to save some $$$ consider building your own turbo kit. Every last part you need can be easily resourced from the internet. Turbo is the only way to go. You might also consider doing some research on one of the big modular sites.
www.modulardepot.com
www.modularfords.com
www.modularpowerhouse.com

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote