View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #6
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Default Re: Appying M112 to 2V Intake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001GTPEWTER
I've seen throttle bodies with bigger bores but I also saw one 99 GT for sale that the guy made a twin turbo with a turbo kit, but is that really usefull? It seems like more air in the intake wont power the thing better, unless I could use a twin turbo kit with a supercharger...then I think youre probably talking about having one custom made, at which point youre delving into costs that leave you thinking why didnt I just buy a Saleen S7. I dont know I cant find twin bore throttle bodies for these motors.
Turbos will always make more power than a supercharger at the same boost level because they are more efficient and are not driven by the crank. Not sure if you understand forced induction by your statements. Compressing the air makes for a denser intake charge, which allows you to burn more fuel to make more power. Whether that denser air is produced by a centrifugal blower or a turbo or a positive displacement supercharger it all serves the same purpose.
Putting an Eaton on your car 2V basically would require a custom lower intake manifold and would cost you a ton of money for that and all the other little things you would need to make it work. Even for people with '99-'01 Cobras that have heads that the '03-'04 Cobra blower and lower intake will bolt right up to it's not worth it by the time you get all the other parts you need.
There's a reason why people buy application-specific kits..
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote