View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 10:17 AM   #13
2001GTPEWTER
Registered Member

Default Re: Appying M112 to 2V Intake..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue00gt
Actually, buying an 03-04 Cobra motor is an extremely expensive way to go unless you can find a wrecked donor car. Ford wants $11k just f
or the complete engine. Better off getting forged internals and a blower or turbo kit for the 2V at that rate.
Actually you can get the whole assembly from supercharger to oil pan and ECU for between $6,000 and $7,000..but they're going fast on the market...you can't buy them brand new from Ford anymore.
Yes, I know that cold air intakes are something different than supercharger blowers..this I was not confused on. I was talking about twin-turbo kits that have two boosters, two cold air pipes and feed into a twin-bore throttle body. THAT is what I saw on the car I talking about earlier. And for whoever said the bullet intake for the GT engine was a good buy, I saw those in CJ Pony Parts but they did'nt come with throttle body adapters...I actually would'nt get an 03 motor because I've seen the benefits of Rousch engine upgrades and Kenne Bell superchargers also, and the cobra motor would be a little hp gain for too much cash...considering you can get over 500hp with a Rousch intake and blower. In the mean time though, the right twin-turbo kit would give me as much of a hp gain as I need until I can afford to part with $8,000 for a supercharger kit. If anyone here watches Horsepower tv on Spike they mounted a simple twin-turbo kit to the underside of the engine bay on an 05 Vette and got a significant increase...obviously the 2001 Mustang GT does'nt compare to that car but it looked like a simple enough way to gain quick hp.