View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 10:14 PM   #15
1989GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Appying M112 to 2V Intake..

Quote:
...I actually would'nt get an 03 motor because I've seen the benefits of Rousch engine upgrades and Kenne Bell superchargers also, and the cobra motor would be a little hp gain for too much cash...considering you can get over 500hp with a Rousch intake and blower
Maybe you're not aware of the fact that the cobra motor has a forged rotating assy. That the cobra guys are pushing to 800+ rwhp with out an issue. Also the motor has 4 valve heads and a eaton blower from the factory. Pulley,chip, exhaust=500 rwhp The kenne bell kit or whatever could make 500 rwhp on your car but at about 400-450 or so it'll spit your rods out the side of the block. Sure you could build a 2v that'll take 800 rwhp I just did it for a buddy of mine=free labor. But if your paying for it, the factory assembled cobra motor is a great deal.
Quote:
In the mean time though, the right twin-turbo kit would give me as much of a hp gain as I need until I can afford to part with $8,000 for a supercharger kit.
The right turbo kit will make more power that you can ever use. There's a reason the cobra guys are switching to turbo kits.

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote