MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-26-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
98'MustangGT
Registered Member

Default Attn: Hammer

I've been gone for quite some time, but I just noticed in your sig 450 Horses! Holy balls, what did you do? I knew you bought a procharger and were looking for some 99 Heads. Please tell me! Thats pretty amazing on a 98' GT I think.
Mods -K&N Airfilter- -Classic Design Concepts Side Exit Exhaust- -MGW Satin Shift Knob- -Moroso Hood Pins- -MAC White Face Gauges- -MAC O/R H-pipe- - MIL Eliminators- -Steeda Strut Tower Brace- -Steeda Aluminum Pedals- -Fog light re-wire-
98'MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 08:31 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hehe,
Hi 98... See, thats what you get for being gone so long....

You can always check out my ride here:
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?591

Basically, the 450 is estimated at the flywheel. It's dynoing around 382 hp at the rear wheels...

The power is basically coming from the Ford Racing Intake and Heads with the blower at a conservative 8 lbs...

I'm having a REALLY hard time launching on street rubber, stock 8 inch wheels, and stock suspension. Considering what my 1/8 mile times and trap speeds were, I should be averaging out at crappy high 12's with absolutely NO traction in first or second and 2.2 second 60 foots...

This summer should see some 9-inch wheels and upper\lower control arms to get SOME resemblance to a launch....some 2.0 or lower 60 foots can have me in the mid to low 12s at around 115 if my math comes out right...

I'm just not ready to submit my stock tranny and rear end to the torture of slicks right now, as its definately 11 second capable with some down-home, neck snapping 60 foots.

The power is there, I'm just having a lot of trouble getting the power to the pavement right now.... (but GOD does this thing pull...;-))
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 01:52 AM   #3
98'MustangGT
Registered Member

Are you gonna swap trannies and a new rear end ? Or are you gonna just drive it till it blows your rear end or tranny?
Mods -K&N Airfilter- -Classic Design Concepts Side Exit Exhaust- -MGW Satin Shift Knob- -Moroso Hood Pins- -MAC White Face Gauges- -MAC O/R H-pipe- - MIL Eliminators- -Steeda Strut Tower Brace- -Steeda Aluminum Pedals- -Fog light re-wire-
98'MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 08:02 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Considering that its 97% street car\3% strip, the rear end has been holding up nicely. The tranny's been doing pretty good too, but it WILL go out. I'll wind up replacing it with a built T-5 I'm sure...

I'm in the middle of a restore on an 83, so my funds are low right now for anything else, and I have a feeling that the 83 will become the strip demon and the 98 my work ride.

Maybe one day I'll go all out on the 98 and put a nice rear end on it, some slicks, and pump it up to 10 or 12 lbs of boost...

But not anytime soon....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote