View Single Post
Old 03-08-2001, 04:25 PM   #4
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

whats up kid..long time..i was just thinking were all the old regualrs were..

i had the same problem as you..it sucks..
-what i ended up doing is put breather on the drivers valve cover(1. to let some oil breathe threw it instead of my intake and 2. to create a little less vacuum in my intake so the pvc wouldnt want to suck all the oil in)
-i also mad baffles for my valve covers so oil would not have a direct path to my intake..
-i also made diffrent ways to hook up the vacuum..right now i am running 3/8" hose out the back of one of the intake ports and spliting it to the pvc in the back of the intake and the oil fumes pressure recirculation port(sounds like a good name ) on the throttlle body..i did this so these both essentially had to split the same vacuum reducing how much oil fumes they would take in..it works but it worked even better when i put a inline carb clear fuel filter right b4 the pvc line that goes to the TB..
i have reduced my oil comsumpsion lil to nun..i mean u r soposed to have a tab bit come back threw the motor..this just keeps the oil valley and valve covers under no pressure so leaks are minimzed

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote