MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
Phly6
Registered Member

Default Best Matinance

Hey everybody, ive got a question about mustang matinance. I dont baby my car, i have fun in it and i want to keep it healthy. The only thing i do as of now is get the oil changed at Ford every 3000 miles, but im not sure thats enough anymore. Usually when i back out of the driveway i hear this little "creek". Im guessing this is my suspension so maybe it has to be oiled? Any imput on this? Also is there anything else i should do to my car aside from washing it and taking it to ford every 3000 miles? Thanks for the help.
Phly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:05 AM   #2
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: Best Matinance

Quote:
Originally posted by Phly6
Hey everybody, ive got a question about mustang matinance. I dont baby my car, i have fun in it and i want to keep it healthy. The only thing i do as of now is get the oil changed at Ford every 3000 miles, but im not sure thats enough anymore. Usually when i back out of the driveway i hear this little "creek". Im guessing this is my suspension so maybe it has to be oiled? Any imput on this? Also is there anything else i should do to my car aside from washing it and taking it to ford every 3000 miles? Thanks for the help.
if your hearing creeking and or rattling I would get some weld in sub frame connectors soon(there is no need to lube the susp )

and have your tq boxes checked and if they are ok I would have them welded

these are other things to do

15k fuel filter
20k trans fluid
25k check brakes
and when you change your plug DONT use platim or these dumb
bocsh 4s or split fire just use autolite copper plugs
or motorcraft copper or ngk

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67