MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-05-2001, 10:28 PM   #1
wantingamustang
Registered Member

Post exhaust? cold air intake? tornado?

hey i am newbie mustang owner and i was told in the street racing board to ask my questions here. so anyways i have 94 v6 Mustang, and i know some of you say not really fast but im just about 17 and insurance for a used GT is more then the price of the car. so anyways i have my stang and love it anyways. i am looking to get NOS actually because i dont have too much $$$ and I dont want to make a lot of mods. But to start off i wanna get an exhaust and maybe cold air intake. So whats the difference between h pipe, xpipe? which one is better and will make it REALLY louder? which model you guys think would go good with my car? i really dont want to spend over $200 for exhaust system. Same question but which cool air intake would go good with my car. Alos have any of you heard of this thing cold Tornado engine booster? i saw it in 2 magazines and one magazine said it increases it to 13hp and other magazine increases to 20hp. is this product ligit? does it work? is it worth it? anyone reccomend what NOS to use to? thanks
wantingamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 12:52 AM   #2
95 King GT
Registered Member

First of all your going to have to spit out more than $200 for a exhaust system, I know Bassani- makes a cat back system for your car its a pretty penny for it, and go for the x-pipe and is this tornado a air filter. And I think MAC makes a cold air induction for your car and it comes with a AIRFILTER. so forget that tornado
95 King GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 10:41 AM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

cold air is horribly overrated, mustangs come stock with fenderwall induction, don't wast your money on it. if your going really high hp, then a conical filter is useful.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 04:22 PM   #4
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

The Tornado is an air vain insert for your induction tubing that creates a swirl/vortex of air. It is supposed to make the air flow into the engine smoother. Personaly i think it is a joke. Wouldn't waste my hard earned $$$ on some infomercial crap.

I have MAC produmps on an off road h, the sound is top notch, very mean. H pipes are for lower end power where x pipes tend to improve higher rpm range breathing. Either would be loud if it's an off road pipe. If u want to spend under $200, cut off the stock muffs. Anything else is going to be more than that if it is good quality and will deliver the REALLY loud sound u want. Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2001, 06:52 PM   #5
richie
Registered Member

I added a tornado a couple months ago and I noticed some difference.It makes a cool loud vaccum sound at high rpm's.I also have a march ram air which works great on the freeway and especially in cold winter months.I would make my own next time though.
richie is offline   Reply With Quote