MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-21-2002, 04:20 AM   #1
mlambrecht82
Registered Member

Default Billet cams for SOHC 4.6

I have a Procharger on my 02 4.6 SOHC and I just saw some billet cams for $375 each from http://www.parkwayfordga.com/pages/P...ts/HPINTRO.HTM
Does anybody know of any tests that a 3rd party did on putting a new cam in the 4.6. I think that it would give me a good performance boost, what do you guys think? 20 maybe 30 HP?
I haven't done any internal work on my car yet, but I think that a cam would be a good place to start, (if you consider that internal) don't you? Let me know what you guys think. Thanks a lot.

Custom Electronic Exhaust cut outs
Tuning via Diablo Predator
Ported and polished Throttle body and plenum
Line locker (for the smoke shows)
Stock boost
412 rwhp 379 rwtq
mlambrecht82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 06:56 AM   #2
surfbeast
Registered Member

Check out the MOD MAX web site. They are probably where the cams are coming from. I believe they have dyno results posted. Depending on the application they really give the performance. They have a special blower grind that looked awsome, imagine the sound that cammed up blown car will make. SWEEEEET!! Persoaly I would consider it a minor internal upgrade seeing as the entire engine does not need to be disassembled to do the work, I hear it is fairly simple to do. Go for IT!!