MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2002, 11:00 PM   #1
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default Blew the Manifold... Need Advice on new one

Alright, I knew it was coming, but I figured I would have broken it racing, not driving normally. So, here it is, I broke my intake manifold on my car (the cheap factory plastic one). I came to a stop at a red light and saw my coolant light come on and saw steam pour from under the hood. Sure enough when I got home and looked under the hood, I heard a nice whistle coming from the underside of the intake.... it's DOA.. I am getting a new one on Monday as I need the car back ASAP!!.. I do not want to order it from Ford directly because of the price, but I will have it installed at a local dealer because I know all the mechanics. I am not going back with the normal plastic intake, I am wanting to go with the Bullitt style manifold that FRPP and Steeda show on their site... Anyone done this lately?. What all parts come in the kit, how are is it to put in, what did you notice in perf gains? normal stuff. Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote