MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-02-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
RabidPony
Registered Member

Talking Blown Stroker Computer Help

Ok, here we go. I'm building my first engine from scratch. I have a reinforced aluminum 4.6 block. No, it's not a cobra, I'm just wierd in that I want to make obnoxious power with only two valves. I have a set of ModMax PI heads and a nifty little stroker kit that makes my little 281 into a 306. Compression is 10:1 and cams haven't been picked yet. The fun thing about my stroker kit is that the connecting rods are titanium. Forged pistons and crank of course. And long tube headers for the starters on the exhaust. Just the basics listed here.

Now the question, I'm looking to put one of the new Kenne Bell blower kits on this thing. I'm thinking an intercooler and 9 psi pulley for daily use and a 14 psi pulley for having my fun. Where the heck can I get a computer made for this thing????? Both the stroker kit I have and the blower I'm looking at are brand new items so this is outta my league. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Oh, btw, this is going in a 98 GT convertible. Just bear with me on this, it's part of my obnoxious streak, I intend to run this car for top speed on the salt flats. I'm solving all the convertible problems as I go so just pray for me.

One final question, anyone know what kind of wheels are required for those runs? I know 180 is the max allowed on stockers. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RabidPony; 02-03-2004 at 11:41 AM..
RabidPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:21 PM   #2
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I really like the Superchips Custom Tuning Pro Racer Package . With as much money as you are going to have into your setup, you may want them to dyno tune your setup, then with the software you can make changes as needed.
Its definately a package I am going to get for my car, but right now I don't have the money for it.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:53 PM   #3
micool
Registered Member

Wait a minute...............so your'e gonna run 10:1 compression on a blown car? Who is selling a 306 stroker kit? I have a 302 stroker in my car and haven't heard of a 306 (only 302, 310, & 324). Also I live in Pensacola so maybe I can see your setup sometime. Another thing, who makes titanium rods for a 306 stroker?

663 rwhp/507 rwtq
micool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:04 AM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Johnson Motor Sports.. They can burn you a chip. You'll have to go through a billion questions, but they can do it. They Dyno Tune also. People there seem pretty knowledgable and helpfull.

I think there site is JMSchip.com, or something to that effect. They did the chip on my car...though they didnt quite get the whole Car needs to Pass inspection thing quite right (Emission testing through the cars Computer here in Cumberland Co.) so I'm going to have to do some funky Vodoo to get it to pass.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 02:09 AM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I was thinking of within a year adding a Novi 2000 to my Mod motor also. Looking for one that needs rebuilt though....

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #6
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

You don't want an over the phone chip if you can help it. At the minimum you want a dyno tune.
Chris Johnson actually teamed up with Superchips along with Jerry W. from InjecTech/Fordchip and several other of the top chip tuners in the country to develop this Superchips Custom Tuning software. After all these years, Superchips has a killer product.
I know they have sereval dyno tuning sessions being planned as of right now, with Chris or Jerry doing the tuning.
About SuperchipsCustom
Old 02-05-2004, 11:03 AM   #7
micool
Registered Member

Hey RabidPony, do you ever go to Holt or Mobile Dragway? Just would like to see a convertable mustang that will be running a Bonneville so I thought maybe I'd see you out there some time.

What's the stroke on the crank on your 306" stroker?

663 rwhp/507 rwtq
Old 02-05-2004, 11:33 AM   #8
RabidPony
Registered Member

Default Oi

Well, I decided to bump the compression down to 9:1 to maintain a little more streetability. And the fun part, the titanium connecting rods the shop sent me are stock length, not the longer ones for the stroker kit so now I have to get that straightened out. Bleh. The end result is going to be worth the frustration though.

Nope, never taken my car to the strip in Holt or Milton, been thinking about it but it's really nothing special at this point. All the goodies are sitting in boxes.
RabidPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:44 AM   #9
micool
Registered Member

Well, to my knowledge there's no strip in Milton, but anyway. So what brand of titanium rods are they? Who is making a 306 stroker now and what stroke is the crank in their kit?

663 rwhp/507 rwtq
Old 02-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #10
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

4.6 306 ci stroker kits

Titanium rods have to = the crazy expensiveness
Old 02-07-2004, 11:56 PM   #11
moosejaw
Registered Member

Try this.