MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2005, 10:38 PM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Bullitt Suspension

I have been running Steeda Sport Springs for about a year, I didn't change out the shocks and struts, just the springs. It was ok for a while, but my 66K mile shocks and struts made it become bouncy and it rode like crap.

I ordered the Bullitt Suspension Package from www.stangsuspension.com. It includes the Ford Racing C Springs, the Bullitt front and rear Sway Bars, and the Tokico Shocks and Struts, this is the original Bullitt Suspension. It cost $415 total.
Just the Tokico shocks and struts were $299, so I decided to order the whole package, maybe sell the springs.

I originally installed the sway bars and rear shocks, it rode loads better, but I ran out of time and didn't put the struts on. I decided to go ahead and install the springs too, so yesterday I was under my car all day long, I installed the front struts and springs and the rear springs. The car rides and handles better than I ever remember it, and we bought it with 8400 miles on it back in 98. Kept my cool low stance but with a smooth but firm ride.

My wife had ridden in it about a month ago, said it rode like a ghetto car and she didn't ever want to drive it again. Today she drove it, it drives just like my son's 03 GT which has 30K miles and has the stock suspension. She was really impressed. I haven't aligned the front end yet, that comes tomorrow, and I am getting new Nitto NT 555's this week.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=275

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: Bullitt Suspension

Just to let you know (I have the same suspension package on order) those are not the C Springs. They are actually a Bullet spring that Ford does not sell separately. I forget how they differ from the C Springs, but they are actually a lot different.

I spoke with FRPP directly about this matter while I was researching. This si the best bang for the buck available for suspension mods by a long shot. You also get sway bars too!

I got mine new in the box for $360, but I need to pick it up.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #3
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Re: Bullitt Suspension

You will love it, nice and firm but not harsh.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: