MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-16-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
stangt00
Registered Member

Question Which to buy next?

I have been seriously thinking of changing my headers, but dont know which to get. They have to be equal lenth shorty's though since I just bought a new pipe. Any suggestions out there from past experiences with different brands?

Actually, I would love to hear what most people are doing with these 4.6's nowadays. You know, what works good with different setups, and maybe some cheap or even free tips (other than air silencer ). I had seen an article in Muscle Mustangs about filing your spark plugs to half of the diode, and putting a 45 degree chamfer on the edges. They said it was good for a few horse.

Speaking of plugs, has anyone tried copper plugs over the factory? If so, what were your results and or feeling on them? I put motorcraft copper plugs on mine, but cant say I noticed one way or the other really. Just spent alot of time doing it. Ya know, pullin the fuel rail and all to get the coils off.
80mm Pro-M mass air, 24lb injectors, 75mm BBK T/B, K&N Filter Cold Air, 1/2" Phenolic intake spacer, Underdrive Pulleys, Dyno Tuned Autologic Chip, FMS Shorty Headers, Mac Prochamber 2 1/2" Off Road H pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,
Steeda lowering springs. Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw shifter, Steeda Power slot rotors w/ Hawk Pro pads, 3.73 FRP Gears. Headwork and Comp cams install in progress.

Last edited by stangt00; 12-16-2002 at 05:25 PM..
stangt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:10 AM   #2
Titan
Registered Member

You could always go shifter...I'm gettin me a tri-ax for christmas. Next year it's time to supercharge the beast. I'm waiting till then before I do headers and high-flow x-pipe (damn emissions...).

Black on Black 98' GT 5-Speed
Mods = Stuff
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote